Your nose is one of the first features a person notices. If you’re insecure about this particular feature, you might be wondering what you can do to boost your self-esteem.
Here are seven tips on how to find the best natural looking rhinoplasty surgeon in DC, plus why your choice matters in the first place!
What Are Reasons Someone Would Choose Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty, otherwise known as a nose job, is a type of plastic surgery to improve the appearance and / or function of the nose.
There are several reasons why someone would undergo a nose job. Aesthetically, someone may want rhinoplasty to change the size of their nose, narrow their nostrils, straighten the bridge, reshape the tip, and / or alter the angle. The goal is to address insecurities and improve your overall appearance for renewed confidence.
Other reasons a person considers this life-changing procedure include correcting a birth defect, repairing a broken nose, opening a blocked nasal passage, or restoring breathing function. In many cases, people are seeking to treat both cosmetic and medical concerns.
Why Is It Important to Choose a Good Cosmetic Surgeon?
The doctor you choose for any surgical procedure can really make or break your entire experience, from comfort and safety to the results you achieve. The results from your choice of surgeon will be one you live with for the rest of your life, which is why it’s important to not rush your search.
You have likely seen botched nose jobs in the past. More often than not, these unflattering and unnatural results are due to an inexperienced surgeon. This can result in an outcome that doesn’t look good, or worse, can negatively affect your health.
A rhinoplasty is a notoriously difficult and complex procedure to perform, and finding a highly regarded surgeon for yours should be your number one priority. This ensures that you will have a safe and satisfactory experience that helps you achieve your aesthetic and / or medical goals.
What Are the Top 7 Tips for Finding a Surgeon You Can Trust?
- Ask for recommendations from trusted sources. If you have a friend or family member who has had a nose job and loves their results, ask them who they went to for their treatment and what their experience was like. You can also get a referral from your primary care provider to help you find the best natural looking rhinoplasty surgeon in DC. Getting a recommendation from someone you trust helps to point you in the right direction.
- Look for practitioners who are board certified. Board certification with the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery (ABCS), the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS), or other trusted surgical board is a must. These organizations ensure that surgeons meet strict standards, have completed years of training and education, pursue continuing medical education, and perform their procedures in licensed facilities.
- Make sure they specialize in rhinoplasty. Look for practitioners who explicitly state that they specialize in rhinoplasty and have extensive experience with this surgery. Don’t assume that just because a surgeon offers this procedure that they specialize in it and regularly perform it.
- Take the time to read their reviews. A trustworthy doctor is positively regarded by their peers and community. See what their reviews say before you give their practice a call. While it’s impossible to please everyone, the surgeon you consider should have overall positive feedback on details from scheduling an appointment to long-term results.
- Take a look at their before / after portfolio. A good way to get an idea of the results you can expect is to look at their before / after photos of their actual patients, not just generic ones that anyone can use. Each provider has their own aesthetic sense and approach to rhinoplasty, so make sure that the one you choose can honor your expectations. Try to find cases that look similar to yours for a better understanding of your own outcome.
- Schedule a consultation before you commit. A rhinoplasty consultation is helpful for many reasons. Firstly, it informs you on whether or not you’re a suitable candidate for a nose job, as well as how this procedure can benefit you. Secondly, it gives you a chance to ask questions, address concerns, and learn more about the entire process.
Also, it provides the opportunity for you to get a feel for a provider and their staff. Are they polite and attentive? Do they answer your questions in a way you can understand? Is their facility clean, organized, and up to date? Consider these details, and trust your instincts.
- Discuss matters like financing and insurance. After finding a doctor you like, trust, and wish to pursue care from, it’s time to talk about the practical details. If you’re having your treatment done for health and functionality reasons, inquire about insurance coverage. If it’s a strictly cosmetic procedure, ask about financing to make it more accessible and affordable. Just remember to prioritize quality and safety over cost.
You’ll Find the Best Natural Looking Rhinoplasty Surgeon in DC at The Center for Cosmetic Surgery!
Our renowned surgeon, Dr. Steven B. Hopping, is quadruple board certified and specializes in crafting beautiful results that look au naturale for all of his patients. Our practice focuses on working with you as a team to help you achieve your aesthetic goals and restore your confidence.
Call us at 202-785-3175 to book a consultation and learn more!