Facelift With Fat Transfer Correction in Washington, DC
It’s not uncommon to have a facial fat transfer and not be happy with the results.
Unfortunately, some cosmetic surgeons offer anti-aging treatments such as a fat transfer to the face to help patients look younger, but they’re not experienced enough to provide the intended results.
In this case, you need a correction surgery, and it can be combined with a facelift to maximize the effects.
The key is choosing a great surgeon for your revision procedure, especially if you wish to combine it with a facelift.
Why Choose a Facelift With Fat Transfer Correction?
This combination treatment should be considered for patients seeking facial rejuvenation that need to address botched / unwanted results from the original fat transfer.
It is recommended for patients with moderate to severe signs of aging in the mid to lower face.
How Long Is Downtime After a Facelift With Fat Transfer Correction?
- The initial recovery period for a facelift depends on the type of facelift you choose, though it typically involves swelling, bruising, and discomfort.
- The majority of swelling and bruising gradually subsides within the first two weeks, but mild residual swelling may persist for a few months.
- Most patients can resume normal activities within two to four weeks. Strenuous activities including intense exercise should be avoided for up to six weeks to allow proper healing.
Facial fat transfer downtime:
- Swelling and bruising are common after facial fat transfer, and they may be more pronounced in the liposuction donor site. It can take one to two weeks for them to subside.
- Initial recovery may involve a week of rest, and patients are typically advised to avoid vigorous physical activity for a few weeks. You can most likely resume normal activities after swelling and bruising are gone.
- Combining a facelift with fat transfer revision surgery may extend the overall downtime compared to each procedure done individually.
- Swelling and bruising from both procedures may overlap, and patients should expect some initial discomfort and tightness.
- Patients may need to plan for at least a week or more off work and social activities to allow for adequate recovery.
The recovery period after a combined facial fat transfer and facelift procedure varies from person to person and depends on multiple factors. The extent of the surgery, your individual healing rate, how closely you follow the post-operative instructions, and other variables play a role in your downtime. Be sure to carefully follow aftercare tips provided by your surgeon
When Will I See Results From a Fat Transfer and Facelift?
As bruising and swelling effects improve, you’ll start to notice improvement. However, you’ll still be healing, which takes time and depends on the individual. However, most people are able to see the final effect within six months.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Facial Fat Transfer and Lift?
Most likely, if you’re unhappy with your original fat transfer results and you wish to address signs of aging in the mid to lower face, and you’re in generally good health, you’ll qualify. You should have fat in a donor area to be able to transfer, and you should not have had your original procedure within the last three months.
To determine your eligibility, you should book a consultation with an experienced cosmetic surgeon specializing in this technique.
Where Is the Best Place to Go for Amazing Results From Fat Transfer Correction in Washington, DC?
Love your look with the skill and experience Dr. Steven B. Hopping brings to the operating room! Dr. Hopping has performed many revision surgeries so patients finally achieve the results they desire.
Call us today at 202-785-3175 to book a consultation to learn more about how Dr. Hopping can help you restore a more youthful appearance with a facelift and fat transfer correct surgery!