If you are considering a nose job, you are likely planning a budget to cover expenses. For many patients, finances are an important decision-making component of any plastic surgery, especially since it may not be covered by insurance.
Here, you can discover the rhinoplasty surgery cost in DC as well as other essential facts you need to know.
What Exactly Is Rhinoplasty? Is There More Than One Type?
Commonly referred to as a nose job, it is a surgical technique that involves modifying the nose to enhance appearance and / or correct breathing issues.
Before we discuss rhinoplasty surgery cost in DC, let’s take a look at the options:
- Closed: Incisions are made inside the nostrils, avoiding external cuts. This approach reduces visible scarring and often results in a quicker recovery compared to open rhinoplasty.
- Open: A surgical method for nose reshaping that requires an external incision made across the columella (the tissue between the nostrils), this technique provides better visibility and access for intricate procedures.
- Tip: This reshaping procedure focused on modifying and refining the nasal tip. Surgical adjustments are made to the cartilage, altering the shape and projection of the nose’s tip. This targeted approach addresses specific cosmetic concerns without extensive nasal restructuring.
- Septorhinoplasty: This procedure addresses both cosmetic concerns and a deviated septum, improving the external appearance of the nose while correcting internal issues that may obstruct breathing or cause nasal congestion.
- Revision: A secondary nose surgery performed to correct or enhance the results of a previous rhinoplasty. It addresses persistent issues or dissatisfaction with the initial procedure, often involving adjustments to the nasal structure, shape, or function.
- Liquid rhinoplasty: If your concerns are minor and you are not quite ready to go under the knife, discuss the possibility of liquid rhinoplasty. By strategically injecting dermal fillers, your surgeon can reshape your nose, correct slight imperfections, and achieve a more balanced profile with this minimally invasive technique.
How Much Does Rhinoplasty Surgery Cost in DC?
This depends on the type of procedure you have, but the normal price range is $2,500 to $15,000. The price can be higher for complex procedures.
Aside from the type of rhinoplasty, other variables can impact how much you pay for a nose job. These include but are not limited to surgical fees, facility fees, anesthesia, medical tests, and geographic location.
In addition, you should factor into your budget time off work, help at home with children or pets, prescription medicines, and post-surgical medical supplies. If you plan to travel, consider expenses such as lodging, transportation, and meals.
Is Financing an Option?
Have this conversation with your chosen surgeon. They can provide you with information on their financing options and how you can apply. Their office may work directly with lending institutions or credit card companies like CareCredit.
Are There Any Circumstances in Which Insurance Covers the Cost of a Nose Job?
As you may know, it is very unlikely health insurance will cover any procedure that is not deemed medically necessary. While rhinoplasty is often a cosmetic procedure, it may be considered a medical procedure if you have a deviated septum or breathing difficulty that can be corrected during surgery.
You should speak directly to your insurance carrier about your plan details. You need to also verify that your surgeon accepts health insurance.
Here’s a Quick Look at Recovery
It does not occur overnight, and it is imperative you follow all aftercare instructions provided by your surgeon. This includes taking pain medication as prescribed, using ice packs to minimize swelling, and limiting physical activity for at least a week following your procedure.
Typical recovery takes between seven and 10 days, but individual experiences vary. Complete healing can take two to three months, and it can take up to one year for your nose shape to fully refine.
Is Rhinoplasty Right for Me?
This is a decision you need to make with a reputable plastic surgeon who can properly assess your needs during a consultation. A medical evaluation is also necessary to ensure whether this procedure is safe for you. Be prepared to answer questions regarding your medical history, including health conditions, medications, supplements, allergies, aesthetic goals, and expectations.
Here Are a Few Quick Tips to Find a Great Plastic Surgeon
Making this decision is important, and you should take the time to carefully consider your options. Ideally, you choose a surgeon who is board certified with the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery or
American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Always verify their credentials and medical background, including their success rate.
Some helpful resources include online patient testimonials. These can often be found on a surgeon’s website, their social media pages, and third-party review sites. You might also want to ask for recommendations from your primary care provider and others you trust.
A consultation is the last step in choosing an experienced plastic surgeon. This meeting allows you to get a feel for their bedside manner and whether or not their approach is compatible with yours.
Choose The Center for Cosmetic Surgery for Remarkable Rhinoplasty Results!
Voted one of Washington’s top plastic surgeons for the past 10 years, you can feel confident choosing Dr. Steven Hopping for your surgical and non-surgical cosmetic needs. Certified by four separate medical boards and having over 25 years of experience, Dr. Hopping’s knowledge and skill are precisely what you need for sensational, natural looking results.
Contact us today at 202-785-3175 to request your appointment. We are excited to work with you to ensure your desired results are achieved!