Considering a facelift to address moderate to severe signs of aging? Perhaps you just need a brow lift to stop the drooping of skin in the area? Or, maybe you want to improve on the nose nature gave you with rhinoplasty / nose surgery?
No matter which procedure(s) you’re interested in, if you want to learn more about the best and safest anesthesia for plastic surgery and how much it costs in Washington, DC, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s what you need to know.
Here Are Your Options for the Best and Safest Anesthesia for Plastic Surgery and How Much It Costs in Washington, DC
Which anesthesia is used depends on the nature of the surgery, the extent of the procedure, the patient’s medical background, and their personal preferences. Board-certified plastic surgeons carefully evaluate each case, recommending the most appropriate anesthesia to safeguard patient wellbeing and ensure their ease throughout the process.
The selection of anesthesia plays a pivotal role in securing the comfort and safety of patients undergoing procedures. The most frequently employed anesthesia types include local anesthesia, IV sedation, regional anesthesia, and general anesthesia.
Local anesthesia description, uses, and costs
Local anesthesia is utilized to numb a precise area of the body where the surgery is to be conducted. This ensures that the patient remains fully awake and conscious during the procedure while effectively alleviating any pain or discomfort. An oral sedative may be used in conjunction with local anesthesia to help keep you relaxed.
This type of anesthesia is typically administered through injection and is reserved for minor cosmetic interventions, including procedures like minor liposuction, blepharoplasty (also known as an eyelid lift or hooded eye surgery), facial treatments, and certain skin surgeries.
You can expect local anesthetics to cost up to $500. It rarely costs more.
Intravenous (IV) sedation description, uses, and costs
IV sedation, often referred to as twilight anesthesia or conscious sedation, involves administering a blend of medications through an intravenous line to induce a state of deep relaxation and reduced awareness.
Although patients do not slip into a complete state of unconsciousness, they may have limited recollection of the procedure.
Conscious sedation is a common choice for more extensive cosmetic treatments, such as breast augmentation, tummy tucks, and facelifts. However, it is not appropriate in all circumstances, and general anesthesia may be better suited for the procedure.
When it comes to cost, there is a wide range for this type of anesthesia. It’s common for IV sedation to be $500 to $1,000 or more.
General anesthesia description, uses, and costs
General anesthesia is used to induce a state of unconsciousness, rendering the patient entirely asleep and oblivious to the surgical proceedings.
This type of anesthesia is commonly employed for intricate cosmetic surgeries, including comprehensive body contouring, full facelifts, and specific forms of breast surgery.
General anesthesia is typically the most expensive option, with costs ranging from $600 to $2,500 or more. The exact cost varies significantly based on the complexity of the surgery, the duration of anesthesia required, and the geographic region. More extensive procedures may incur higher anesthesia fees.
Regional anesthesia description, uses, and costs
A type of anesthesia used in medical procedures to block sensation in a specific region or part of the body, regional anesthesia is a type that allows the patient to remain awake or minimally sedated. It’s often referred to as a nerve blocker. Similar to a local anesthetic in that it is applied close to nerves, regional anesthetic is not given at the precise surgical site but at a distance.
It may be used for a mini tummy tuck or other minor surgeries.
Regional anesthesia typically costs $200 to $600, though it can be higher.
What Are the Most Common Types of Cosmetic Surgery?
In recent years, the field of cosmetic surgery has witnessed a notable upswing in popularity, as more people choose to boost their self-confidence. Among the most favored cosmetic surgery options are:
- Breast augmentation: Breast augmentation, involving the use of saline or silicone implants to enhance breast size and shape, consistently maintains its status as one of the most sought-after cosmetic procedures. This surgery appeals to those seeking fuller, more youthful breasts.
- Liposuction: As a versatile procedure, liposuction effectively removes excess fat from the body in areas including the abdomen, thighs, and love handles. This sculpting technique provides a contoured and toned physique by eliminating undesirable fat deposits.
- Nose job (rhinoplasty): Rhinoplasty is a surgical intervention that focuses on reshaping the nose. It can encompass alterations to the nasal bridge, reduction in size, and correction of breathing difficulties, making rhinoplasty a popular choice for those seeking transformative changes in both aesthetics and functionality.
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty): Blepharoplasty targets concerns such as drooping, sagging, or puffy eyelids that contribute to a tired or aged appearance. This procedure removes excess skin and fat from the eyelid area, resulting in a more youthful and rejuvenated look.
- Facelift (rhytidectomy): The facelift procedure offers a comprehensive solution to counteract the signs of aging that manifest in the face and neck. By repositioning and tightening sagging skin and muscles, a facelift delivers a more youthful and refreshed facial appearance.
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty): Tummy tuck surgery effectively eliminates excess skin and fat, and it can also address weakened abdominal muscles.
Learn More About Anesthesia and Get Your Personalized Quote at The Center for Cosmetic Surgery
Here at The Center for Cosmetic Surgery, we deliver outstanding results in the safest, most effective way possible.
For more info on the best and safest anesthesia for plastic surgery and how much it costs in Washington, DC, contact us today at 202-785-3175!